Review Policy

Monday 13 August 2012

Review: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Genre: Young adult / Contempary/ Romance.
Publisher: Dial Books For Young Readers.
Rating: 5.0 stars / A+

Summary: A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another

“One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.


Review: Wow just wow. From the moment I pre ordered this book from amazon I knew that this was going to be amazing, it didn't help with all the goodreads five stars either. From the moment I picked this book up I just couldnt stop reading it, it was very addicting. We have Samantha the star of the story. Who lives with her mother and sister. Living a very sheltered, strict life since her mother is how do we put it? A very strong minded, controlling, clean freak parent? Yes thats how I will put it, shes a buisness woman who thrills on her job and is very judgemental on everything Sam does. Unlike The Garretts who are messy, fun and a caring, loving family. Everything Sam desires for. Everything her mom detests. She watches from her roof everynight fascinated with how their family work and how she wishes she could be apart of it. Then one night out of the bloom, Jase Garret one of the Garrets sons climbs her roof and this when the amazing love story starts.

It reminded me a little of Romeo & Juliet except we were in the 21st century and no one killed no one. The characters in this were just everything I wanted them to be. I loved Samantha I felt for her in certian situations because while she was trying to be the perfect poster daughter she just wanted to be able to have a mind of her own. And Jase (oh my god) one of my favourite young adult characters. He isnt a bad boy, he isnt the rich golden golden boy. He is just a normal, sweet, kind hearted boy. I loved him. I love the way he is with his family and how family means everything to him and how everyone rely on Jase because hes the peacemaker in the family. The way he is with Samantha how he treats her like shes the only girl in the world and how much passion and love you can feel for the two of them. Also I did like Tim at first I thought he was going to be one of those annoying stoner heads but he grows up and really comes a good friend to Sam and Jase, hes really funny too.

If there was one family you always wanted to be apart of it would be the Garretts there so much fun! There was a little twist in this book and it was nice because it kept the book going just when I thought that maybe nothing was happeneing so I was happy for that. The ending is sweet and I will deffinetly read this book over and over again in the future. It gives you that nice summer feel and I didnt think it was too much of a deep read. My only little critique on this book was the friendship with her and Nan, it never resolved and I was just a little confused but that didn't put a scratch on my thoughts of this book.

Buy this book from: AmazonUK AmazonUSA BookDepository
Authors Website:

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to read this book and cannot wait till it arrives in the post! It just sounds so good! Your review has made me evan more excited:) great review!

    ReplyDelete