Review Policy

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Review: A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J Maas

 
A Court Of Thorns And Roses By Sarah J Maas
Genre: Young adult/ Fantasy.
Publisher: Bloomsbury.
Rating: 5 out of 5.

Summary:
When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.
As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.

Review: First of all without even reading this book I was excited to read it. I mean its Sarah J Maas right? I loved her other Throne of Glass series (which I still need to finish off) so of course I had to pick this signed copy up at my local water stones shop. And she did not disappoint.. at all!

The story takes place in a world where humans and faeries do not get along. Literally there's a border which separates the realms of humans and fae. In Feyres world there's stories about faeries about how they are dangerous and how no human should cross to their land from the woods as they never return back and how evil these faeries are. With Feyres family being poor, she hunts daily to supply her sisters and father with food, its a routine job which she is used until one day she kills a wolf - and not just any wolf either. Enter Tamlin who happens to be the wolfs friend and who also happens to be a high fae. He gives Feyre a choice to die (ripping her to shreds for killing his friend) or live with him forever, so of course she picks the obvious choice. 

This book was so good! I was in such a reading slum before I read this. I had not read in months but this so got me at of my hiatus status. I loved this world, I loved how magic was such a big part of it, how many different twists there were and how it was a beauty and the beast retelling because it had its own original twist to it. I loved the characters aswell! Feyre was such a strong character, she wasn't a whiny annoying thing, you could actually understand why she was the way she had to be. Then my dear Tamlin oh Tamlin the broody but sensitive (dangerous) fae who made you love him even more every chapter. He was my favourite character in this book I would say, made me swoon with everything he did.

The only thing I didn't like was the ending.. and I know its a trilogy but I still wasn't happy with the ending it could of been a stand alone in my opinion and it would of been great, but I'm guessing Miss Maas is hoping to write a love triangle which total wouldn't make sense! All I'm saying is Rhys (some man who doesn't even enter the story properly until three quarters through the book) ergh! but hopefully she doesn't, we will see.

Overall I loved the romance and the setting and the characters and if you haven't read this book yet then definitely give this book a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment