Review Policy

Monday 13 June 2011

Review: Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys By Kate Brian






Summary:


When she was nine, Megan Meade met a group of terrible, mean, Popsicle-goo-covered boys, the sons of her father's friend -- the McGowan boys. Now, seven years later, Megan's army doctor parents are shipping off to Korea and Megan is being sent to live with the little monsters, who are older now and quite different than she remembered them.

Living in a house with seven boys will give Megan, who has never even been kissed, the perfect opportunity to learn everything there is to know about boys. And she'll send all her notes to her best friend, Tracy, in...

Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys

Observation #1: Being an army brat sucks. Except that this is definitely a better alternative to moving to Korea.

Observation #2: Forget evil, laughing, little monsters. These guys have been touched by the Abercrombie gods. They are a blur of toned, suntanned perfection.

Observation #3: I need a lock on my door. STAT.

Observation #4: Three words: six-pack abs.

Observation #5: Do not even get me started on the state of the bathroom. I'm thinking of calling in a hazmat team. Seriously.

Observation #6: These boys know how to make enemies. Big time.

Megan Meade will have to juggle a new school, a new family, a new crush -- on the boy next door, as in next bedroom door -- and a new life. Will she survive the McGowan boys?


Review: I loved this book. I just adored it, so so so much. It's by all time my favourite book. It's weird come to think of it because I havent saw many people review this, which why when I had read this I was total surprised. It's such a chick lit book I could totally see this in a film. It's the ideal fantasy. Living in a house with seven boys. Megan moves in with her parents family friends because she dosent want to go with her mom and dad because they are like in a different country. And whilst living in the house she has to juggle all the boys. Who are quite some characters being all different. I mean you have the jock: Evan who she quickly befriends in the house- who's Mr Popular at school (who she begins to have a crush on) then you have Finn who's an shy artist and hardly speaks who she also becomes close too. I loved Finn he was just an amazing character. I loved the chemistry between him and Megan, and how he's like hard to read. And then you have the rest of the boys who are a bit younger then Megan who do not like her and do different thinks to make her hate the place. For example like Doug who just reminds me so much of an Eminem wannabe (thats all to do with her taking his former room though that he dosent like her) and the rest of the young boys don't like her basically because shes a girl. But I just loved this story. I mean it has romance and humour mixed into one.


The characters were fabulous aswell. Megan is kind of like a tom boy but with a good golden girl heart. I could really relate to her character and you could easily enjoy reading in her point of view, she wasnt whiny or bratty at all.


Finn as I said was my favourite out the boys, it might be because I love the broody silent type in books. There was Evan aswell, who was the total opposite of Finn because he was outgoing and wasnt shy at all with him being so popular and all.


I give this an A+ It was everything I needed in a book. Pick this up today!!


How I dreamed the cast:


Megan: Taylor Swift.


Finn: Chace Crawford.


Evan: Ian Somerhalder.


Doug: Eminem (back in his old days)


No comments:

Post a Comment