Review Policy

Saturday 16 July 2011

Review: Jenna and Jonahs Fauxmance.



Published By Bloomsubry: Thankyou for sending me this to review.

Summary: Teen TV celebrities Jenna and Jonah make more money in a month than most people do in a lifetime. They can't stand to be in the same room as each other, but to boost the TV ratings their agents make them a 'real life' couple. Then the deception is uncovered by the paparazzi, and Charlie and Fielding have to disappear to weather the media storm.


Rating: B


Review: I started off reading this because I was ill. I think thats why it took me so long to actually read it because I was poorly and was reading it slowly to enjoy it more. I think when you read a book to quick you forget what happens and rush it. Anyway it was a very light read. I could of probably read it in a few hours. A plane ride or car ride or a bored day will make you enjoy this book.

It is about two tv stars. Jenna A.k.a Charlie and Jonah A.k.a Fielding and Aaron. (he had so many screen names and different names here and there it was a little annoying but I suppose it was it made some of the book) who have starred in this hit family show for years and pretending to be a couple in real life aswell. Yet they hate each other all the time off camera. There always together, always acting even off camera for the media. I did like this book for reasons about the media because it gave me a different look on celebrities and how even though their famous they are normal people like ourseleves aswell.

Charlie and Aaron have to go into 'hiding' because people have realised that the two are not really together. Which takes us through the journey of them being together and bickering at the other all the time.


I can honestly say I did love the chemistry between the both of them, because one minute they hated each other and were at each others throats; but the next they either felt sorry for the other or sympathy or were actually getting along and enjoying the company with one and other. You could feel the sexual attention between them because they were always going at each other with snarky comments. I love it when characters in book have this, shows how they are feeling.


Character wise I loved Aaron. I felt sorry for him. I felt he just wanted a normal life and a normal life is not what he was getting. No one ever left him alone. His manager never left him alone and people pushed him around all the while. And yet even though he came across as a Zac efron look alike and acted very disney, I felt he had no other option but to act into that character because he didnt get to choose his own path, so I love it when he decides to do what he wants.

However Charlie annoyed the hell out of me. She was whiny and acted like a typical diva in the celebrity industry and always acted for herself and didn't care about anyone else. I felt she was very self-centered and a bit braty and quite bossy when it came to Aaron. However she sort of does change as the book goes along, but I still hated reading in her point of view sometimes because it was like everyone had to drop everything for her.


Overall I give this a rating of a B. It wasn't the best book I've ever read. But it wasnt the worst either. Maybe if they had exstended the book longer and added more things that had happened when they were at Aarons secret hiding house and at the camp I would of liked it alot better. The ending was a good way to end it though, it was a little cliche and light hearted but thats the type of books I like to read.


- Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment