Review Policy

Monday 13 February 2012

Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #1)

Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #1)




Summary: Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

Review: I began reading this on a high note. I had heard so many good things about this book that I just had to get my hands on it and read it. I was not dissapointed. This book was amazing. And when I say amazing it truly was one of the best books I've read. It tells the story of Belly a girl who spends who summer with her brother and mother at a summer house with her moms bestfriend and her children. Unlike other summers this one is different. The boys start taking an interest in Belly and seem to be alot different with her. You have Jeremiah the fun, jock, easy going boy who is Bellys bestfriend. And Conrad the silent, mysterous, caring boy who is the one Belly has crushed of forever! I loved both boys but in this book I loved Conrad more. Jeremiah was awesome and such a lovely guy but Conrad was just amazing and I rooted for him and Belly until the end because there was so much spark there, then there was with Jeremiah. Even if Conrad was over protective of Belly in most parts.
My favourite character was Susannah (the boys mother) she was so sweet and nice to Belly and would let her do anything she wanted. Through this book you exprience, friendship and a great family relationship and what summer for Belly is like. It also in most parts, goes back in time to when Belly was younger which I just loved, it made you understand things alot better.

I deffinetly recommend reading this book. Its a great summer read. And you dont have to think to much on the first book, its refreshing and nice to read too. Jenny Han rocks.
I rate this A+

No comments:

Post a Comment