Review Policy

Thursday 7 June 2012

Review: A Season Of Eden By Jennifer Lauren


A Season Of Eden By Jennifer Laurens.

Summary: He's my teacher. I shouldn't be alone with him. But I can't help that he's irresistible. I let the door silently close at my back. He stared at me, and a taut quiet stretched between us. "I like hearing you play," I said, moving toward him. He turned, in sync with my slow approach. He looked up at me but didn't say anything. I rested my clammy hand on the cold, slick body of the baby grand. "May I?" The muscles in his throat shifted, then he swallowed. "Eden." My knees weakened, like a soft tickling kiss had just been blown against the backs of them. "Is it okay?" I asked. His gaze held mine like two hands joined. He understood what I was really asking. "Let me stay," I said. "Please." "You're going to get me in trouble," he said.

Review: I think the worst thing I did with this book was read reviews for it before I started it. I had read a review that had simply stated that they had not enjoyed it and well I think it just made my expectations for this book alot lower then before I had read the reviews. So all the way through, all I kept thinking was, I wonder when were going to get to the bad part of the book. I think If I didnt of read the review, I think I would of enjoyed this book alot more than I did. Getting to the point, sometimes reading reviews before reading a book can total put you off enjoying it. That said the book wasnt that bad, but I personal liked Jennifer Laurens Overprotected more than this one. Simply for the fact that the main character Eden kind of annoyed me. She meets her teacher and instantly loves him and obesses over him, and because every guy in the school part from him think highly of her she dosent like it. Then one minute she hates him, thinks its wrong liking her teacher and its just like urgh make up your mind Eden. There were times throughout the book where Mr Christan A.K.A James annoyed me too, because he acted like he had never had a girl like him in his entire life and well yeah...that annoyed haha. Apart from the characters having this crazy liking/not liking each other, the storyline itself was pretty well written. Of course its a forbidden love and I'm just a sucker for them and because its a teacher/student relationship I cant help but love to see how the author writes these things. And Jennifer did do it well because it could of been written wrong but it wasn't. It was sweet, slowly paced so it wasnt like their relationship was blossomed quick. It took some time so it felt beliveable instead of some silly sappy crush. You could feel a connection to these two, they had a powerful, touching love which was expressed.

This story wasnt just about the relationship between Eden and Mr Christan. But it also had a touch of family issues and Eden having to grow up to look after herself since her mom died when she was just young and her dad has no time for her. It shows issues of a broken family and how Eden tries to put the pieces back together and make happy with her father once again since the death of her mother. I really liked this part of the book, because it showed why Eden was the way she was at school, because of how she had grown up at home.

I think overall this book was interesting to read because it was very real to situations. My only problem with it was alot of the characters annoyed me like hell, like her bestfriend dating her ex-boyfriend after just a day or so after they broke up? That probably annoyed me the most in the book, because I couldnt see how Eden could still be bestfriends with her and not see the problem.

So I rate this book: B

No comments:

Post a Comment