Review Policy

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Review: Jessie Hearts NYC By Keris Stainton





Title: Jessie Hearts NYC.



Author: Keris Stainton.



Genre: Young adult.






Summary:


Jessie's just arrived in New York, hoping to forget about her awful ex.

New Yorker Finn is in love with his best friend's girlfriend.

They might be perfect together, but in a city of eight million people, will they ever find each other?




Review:




I really enjoyed this light easy read story. It takes place when Jessie and her bestfriend Emma are going on a trip to New York (since Jessies mom lives there) so shes gone to visit her and to explore all of New York because its her dream. It also takes place around Finn who lives in New York and was brought up there. They both have problems of their own with them both in New York, Jessies with her and her moms relationship and also from just splitting up from her ex. Finns problems consist around him being in love with his best friends girlfriend.




I really enjoyed it because everything was around New York. This book made you feel like you was actually there. And since its been a dream of mine to actually go it felt nice to read a story that is mainly based around everything there. It spoke of the films made there, the tv shows and the most famous places, it was so cute.




I think this books main focus was fate. About how fate can make Jessie and Finn be brought together. How out of eight billion people these two were made for each other. I loved the whole concept of the two of them always bumping into each other but not noticing the other, because it made you think that have you ever bumped into your future relationship without you knowing. It always made you think that everything happens for a reason.




The characters were amazing. I loved Jessie, I felt why she couldnt get along with her mom because I wouldnt either if I was in the same situation. I felt she was very natrually easy going and nice and just wanted to get her moms attention now and then. I loved Finn too. I understood it was bad of him to like his best friends girlfriend, but sometimes these things happened and he wasnt a bad person because he didnt want to hurt his friend. He is the easy friendly going guy who just wants to be able to make his own choices, instead of his family making them for him.




The only thing I did not like about this book was that there wasnt alot of romance. Even though it was about Jessie and Finn keep bumping in to one and other and romance in New York, I didnt find there was alot of it. I wanted more, I know I sound greedy but I did. I wanted to see more of there friendship and relationship. There could of been a few more chapters for me, so I hope she makes a companion or sequel.




But I did enjoy it overall because Im obsessed with New York and hope one day to go there to. Because I wouldnt mind following in Jessie footsteps and having an amazing trip like her.




Overall I rate this an A.


1 comment: